LIQUID MOISTURE BARRIER
1-component liquid moisture barrier, which can be used against residual moisture on new and existing concrete subfloors. The product cannot be used against constant rising moisture.
Liquid Moisture Barrier is also suitable as a primer:
- on subfloors of anhydrite or asphalt to achieve sufficient adhesion between subfloor and the glue.
- to strengthen abraded concrete edges and on surfaces with existing adhesive residues.
The moisture barrier is applied before glueing down the floorboards begin.
Measuring moisture content and determination of moisture causes can be extremely difficult. Contact Junckers Technical Service in case of any doubts using this product.
Product: Polyurethane resin.
Package size: 5.5 kg.
Texture: Thin liquid.
Use: The product is for professional use only and must not be applied by private consumers.
EMICODE: EC1 PLUS - very low emission.
Coverage: Approx. 25 m² as moisture barrier and 45 m² as primer.
Consumption: Approx. 220 g/m² applied in two coats and 120 g/m² applied in one coat.
Drying time: 40-60 minutes, depending on temperature, relative humidity and humidity content in the subfloor.
Substrate temperature: Minimum 15 °C.
Room temperature: Minimum 18 °C.
Relative humidity: Maximum 70 % RH.
Application tool: Short haired roller.
Cleaning of tools: Tools are disposed after use.
Storage: Lasts for minimum 12 month if unopened. Not to be stored below 5 °C.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
The subfloor has to be permanently dry, free from dust and loose particles. Vacuum the floor before applying the moisture barrier.
Ensure that the residual moisture content of the subfloor is no higher than 95 % RH. In case of underfloor heating max. 85 % RH.
Apply moisture barrier in 2 coats with a short haired roller according to the following directions:
- Apply 1 coat, approx. 120 g/m² and leave to dry 40-60 minutes.
- Don´t let more than 24 hours pass before the second coat is applied.
- Apply 1 coat, approx. 100 g/m².
- Leave to dry minimum 24 hours before gluing with Junckers Parquet Glue.
- The moisture barrier must be completely dry before the floor installation begins.
When the moisture barrier is used as a primer only:
On subfloors of anhydrite, asphalt, abraded concrete edges and subfloors with existing adhesive residues are applied just one coat, approx. 120 g/m².
Before using the product, read the label on the container carefully and observe the recommended precautionary measures.
See Material Safety Data Sheet for detailed information.
H 6.1 - Junckers Parquet Glue